Love Alludes - Poem by Mary Wiede
Love has never really been good to me.
I fall in it and scrape my knee.
Too many times I have hurt myself badly
Scars on my heart where it breaks
Pain in my soul constantly aches
Surprise me! My heart beats faster
Filling in the holes in the walls with plaster
Mix up the solution
Fix it beyond confusion
Love has alluded me time and time again.
Pick up the dice: roll: never win.
What will make happy once and for all?
Who will give me a hand up when I fall?
Lost the game too many times: tired of losing.
Trying to figure things out: still confusing.
Comments about Love Alludes by Mary Wiede
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl