Love As The Seasons - Poem by William McGehee
I want to cover you with kisses,
As the snowflakes do the ground
And twirl you slowly as we dance,
As the wind that blows then round.
I want to warm you like the Sun does,
When in spring it starts to shine
With my arms wrapped ‘round you tightly
And your heart pressed close to mine.
I want to keep you as the shade
Keeps you safe from summer glare
With words that calm and cool you,
Whispered "I love you"s in the air.
Then as the fall comes soft and slowly
And as the clouds build far above,
Through all the seasons over years
I want our souls to grow in love.
Comments about Love As The Seasons by William McGehee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda