U Win Kyi
Love Crime(5) (Grief And Cheat) - Poem by U Win Kyi
A couple of old husband and wife,
married happily their whole life.
They were awarded County Magistrate plaque
for setting a good example of eternal love.
In last August the husband died
and the wife was sad and cried..
One day she opened his suitcase
and she was amazed,
angry and heart-broken,
as it was filled with intimate photos of him and a woman,
whom the couple adopted as a goddaughter.
She was beautiful and 31 year his junior.
For 2 decades the adulterous relationship was kept secret.
Grief and betrayal cut her heart with a knife with double edges.
Comments about Love Crime(5) (Grief And Cheat) by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl