Lullybye - Poem by Ivana Mabry
The sky cried blood…
The rivers flowed red…
The children are no longer dead.
The city concealed with cries for help
Priests, bishops, and popes fled.
Churches empty, mothers dead
Daughters neglected, sons not fed.
We asked for God’s help,
They gave us posies instead of good health,
Our bodies not cold, but burned to ash,
No longer dead in heaven we laugh.
Comments about Lullybye by Ivana Mabry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl