Lure Of The Forbidden Fruit - Poem by Lily Espinosa
I am made of plasticine.
Unable to resist the
You lure me in,
Not kicking and screaming,
Silently you've waited while I’ve tried to ignore,
My fall back through the hardship.
I've never once tried your forbidden sweetness,
As you have never once left me.
Now all else has failed and
I long to feel my inner peace,
Brought to me by your silky release,
Weaving pleasure into my very soul.
Take me away,
To another place,
The far and distant one that i vividly remember.
Let me walk the paths unknown,
Let me sidetrack from our destiny,
Let me taste the forbidden fruit.
Everything seems a small consequence to pay.
Comments about Lure Of The Forbidden Fruit by Lily Espinosa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl