Theresa Ann Moore
Lying Under Oath - Poem by Theresa Ann Moore
When your past performance is under investigation
Is there a time when questioning goes over the line…
An intrusion on your personal life causes hesitation
In your mind it seems best to lie rather than define
There are various degrees of lying…Is it ever justifiable?
In the eyes of the legal system there are no exceptions
Does lying about a shameful mistake equal disreputable?
Right or wrong perception allows for no exemptions
Has the sinner already been systematically condemned?
Should there be any variation from standard rational…
Has responsibility to an elected profession been lessened?
Should extramarital pleasure send an offical to hell?
Comments about Lying Under Oath by Theresa Ann Moore
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl