Marriage - Poem by Najma Mohamed
It's a bonding of two hearts they say.
Meant to last forever not a thing for a day.
Man and woman unite.
Bringing such an amazing sight.
Marriage isn't a bed of roses; true,
It depends on what both of you will do,
To make it work the right way,
Standing up for each other everyday.
Duties are for both wife and husband.
You should love each other and understand,
Fights are meant to be there,
As long as you are now a pair.
Trust is the key thing in it,
Without it love breaks bit by bit,
Whatever you hear is not a fact,
So think wisely before you act.
You are the pilot of your life.
Husband protector of your wife.
Both should give it your best,
And leave God to do the rest!
Comments about Marriage by Najma Mohamed
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl