Milestone No. 1 - Poem by Marty Rollin
"Today I've reached a milestone,
Just four years to the day--
As a member in the N.L.P.,
With my poetry on display."
"The National Library of Poetry,
A Society to which I belong--
Have selected my poems for their anthologies,
Read by my peers, many thousands strong."
"I get great satisfaction,
And so much enjoyment, I'll say--
When I finish a poem, that's so diverse,
It's time to call it a day."
"Each month I enter their contest,
Some day I hope to win it big--
They'll select the poem I've written,
One of love, marriage and intrigue."
"My den looks like a library,
Anthologies here and there--
As long as I'll keep writing my poetry,
Hours of pleasure, without a care."
Comments about Milestone No. 1 by Marty Rollin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl