One Happy Poet - Poem by Marty Rollin
"The International Society of Poets,
And the National Library of Poetry--
Are two respected Societies,
With many members like you and me."
"It has given me so much pleasure,
When I was asked to belong--
For me this was a great honor,
A happy poet, among thousands strong."
"Their anthologies are the most beautiful,
Poems published from near and far--
To be honored and read by all your peers,
My poems will be above par."
"My poetry has met with some success,
I'll keep writing, come what may--
Perhaps I'll hit the jackpot,
Win a contest, that will make my day."
"I know, perseverance conquers,
I'll always try my best--
To be a successful poet,
Hope my poems will pass each test."
Comments about One Happy Poet by Marty Rollin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl