Bijay Kant Dubey
Modern Poetry - Poem by Bijay Kant Dubey
Modern poetry is of the modern age,
Modern, modernist, post-modern and contemporary,
modernism and its beyond,
Lengthening up to the new age and new times,
Presenting the bare and barren pictures
Of a waste land.
Modern poetry of the modern age,
The angst and bewilderment of it,
The malaise and annihilation,
The desertion and destruction of it,
Modern civilization a heap of ruins,
of fallen debris and waste materials.
Modern poetry a pastiche of thoughts and ideas,
Broken lines and rhythms jumbled together,
Without thought and meaning,
Modern hollow expression
Of modern hollow men,
Inclusive of the jazz and the blues.
Comments about Modern Poetry by Bijay Kant Dubey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl