More Real Than Life - Poem by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Since that sad November night,
I often, in my waking hours,
try desperately to relive
those happy years with you,
though always felt as if were
just reading stories about us,
in beautifully-bound diaries,
each stamped 'For reading only'.
But in my dreams those stories
all come to life, allowing me
to see you, hear you, feel you,
as if you were still with me...
Old memories will slowly fade,
but God-inspired imagination
will help us to rekindle them,
in dreams, more real than life...
Comments about More Real Than Life by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda