…… Must Unbelieve - Poem by Satish Verma
No more the sun was hot.
October shadows were clinging to hills.
I was ready
to speak, to negate and to kindle the dust.
The issues were floating in the wind
like bleached skin of the dying man.
You could look through it and beyond.
Do you think the ageless will die?
The impotent rage will speak for the street?
I wanted to negate the remains of pedagogy,
the shoddy make-up of the lies,
and the men, in ugly immorality-
cutting the truth to the bone
with roars of laughter,
bidding for the flesh of carved saints.
The faithful must unbelieve
in the history of the star,
who could not reach the earth.
Time was creating fear.
Comments about …… Must Unbelieve by Satish Verma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl