Jo Lynn Ehnes
My Burning Love - Poem by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Within the confines of my heart
I'll hide this flame that burns for you,
until the passion we impart
becomes a fire of love that's true.
A friendship bond we can't deny
developed from a longing need.
The want for rapture's lullaby
has planted fervor's growing seed.
Your gentle spirit heals my soul
and mends the rip from darker days.
Your brilliant light, which gained control,
has cut through my life's ebon haze.
So patiently I will await
as destiny completes its scheme,
and guides me by the hands of fate
into my lover's waking dream.
Comments about My Burning Love by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl