Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
My Future Life - Poem by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
I sit me down to think and write,
How to lead my Future Life,
Knowing it’s set by HIM alone,
But I don’t want to remain at Home.
For forty years I’ve toiled at work,
Difficult tasks I’ve not shirked,
But at Sixty Two I’ve more years to learn,
And from difficulties, I will not squirm.
But what will I do?
What will I learn?
Will I be happy?
For answers I yearn.
I wish to change my Life,
Be Happy and Well,
Have Peace of Mind,
Before the Final Bell.
I’m ‘Set in my Ways’,
I acknowledge that fact,
But change my Life I must,
With Discretion and Tact.
© Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] – 4 May 2006
Comments about My Future Life by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl