My Love For You Was Priceless - Poem by maya crisol
my love for you was priceless
yet you took it as if you were mindless
in the beginning it was you who needed me
and I, seeing the need in your eyes
embraced you like you were a child of mine
like a bird whose wings were broken..
love..my love has healed you..
dear...my tears nourished you...
and you grew...strong with wings like a God
and you flew...far across untappered land
and you knew...you no longer needed me
the skies remained but you i could no longer see
you have flown away so far out of my sight
those wings..my deathly misery..your delight!
my heart sank...you are gone...
i am left to wander all alone..
my love for you was priceless...
Comments about My Love For You Was Priceless by maya crisol
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl