My Rock - Poem by Ronald Chapman
Have you ever loved someone so much?
She remains on your mind day and night,
Friends and family tell you to move on,
Come on it has nothing to do with youth and old age,
Your whole life!
You have been waiting;
Waiting, for dreams to come true,
Waiting every day for the sun to rise,
Seasons come and go,
You've stood alone,
Watching roses bloom, smiling at the sun,
Watching rose peddles fall, like slow tears,
Climbing mountains every day, So tiring,
Reaching for the stars in the sky,
What is it like in heaven?
You were once in my world,
You were once in my life,
You were once the rock,
That kept me from falling,
From the mountain top.
Comments about My Rock by Ronald Chapman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda