My Three Lovers - Poem by author unknown
I cannot remember Yesterday,
He went away.
I asked him what the trouble was,
He would not say;
Just looked at me with a cool kind of conviction,
Wishing things were different,
As he slowly walked away.
Oh! How today bores me!
I can read his mind!
Certainly don't have yesterday's
He told me straightforwardly
Oh! He loved me so!
But I told him that it was
Time to go.
Now, Future has a sacred face,
He sneaks and sneaks around.
When I wish to never see his trace,
He lingers for a mile.
He whispers sad tales of mediocrity,
But sometimes makes me dream.
Oh! Where are you Yesterday?
I'm holding out for you.
There's nothing I want more than
All I want is you.
Comments about My Three Lovers by author unknown
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl