My Wonderful Dad - Poem by Nennie xxx
A giant amongst giants
A king amongst kings
To lots of people you were many things
As for me, you were just my dad
And to this day it makes me glad.
You weren't perfect in any way
But right here is where I'd wished you'd stay.
I hoped beyond hope that you never would leave
That the man upstairs would grant a reprieve.
It didn't work out...You had to go
and I have to wait here to watch my kids grow.
When the time comes for me and I know that it will
for my beautiful children the bitter sweet pill.
I hope they look back, like I'm doing now
And know that I love them and that I always will.
I just want you to know that I've always been glad
That I love you and miss you
My wonderful dad
Comments about My Wonderful Dad by Nennie xxx
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda