Neelkanthha - Poem by Onaiza Simeen
Have you ever seen -
The actual idol at Tarapeeth?
Its Neelkanthha on the lap of Shakti;
Galled and unconscious.
Setting Him to Her breast,
Tranfusing Her cascade of milk
Into His comatosed self.
Decant all the venoms-
Of this noxious world
Into my veins;
I can’t see you endure such ordeal
In the twisting and stifling-
Boa constrictor’s mesh.
Come, my child,
Let my nectar replenish -
All that is squashed out of you,
By this unremitting cider press;
And let my beads of fresh spring-
Into your string of seasons.
Comments about Neelkanthha by Onaiza Simeen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl