Lydia J. McFarland
No Longer - Poem by Lydia J. McFarland
I can no longer deny this gift, from up high
that you have bestowed unto me
As hard as I have struggled,
and fought to live my own life.
I now realize that
it was never my intention
to be prideful, and unworthy of your grace
At times I feel I can't show you my true face.
This wonderful gift of poetry and song;
I've tried to shelter it; I was selfish
and now know I was wrong.
This gift you've given me,
has no place for a being without a face!
I will try to live this life you've chosen for me
and will do my best to Honor thee.
Comments about No Longer by Lydia J. McFarland
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda