Lydia J. McFarland
Looks Can Be Deceiving - Poem by Lydia J. McFarland
Outside of me, I look different,
yet in a sense I am the same.
Inside me I am confused,
and full of shame.
Outside of me, I am fearless,
bold and Conquering,
Inside of me, I am lost,
and steady wandering.
Outside of me, I attack those,
that try to deceive me.
Inside of me, I want love,
peace and harmony.
Outside of me, nothing matters, but
Inside of me,
My heart often shatters.
Outside of me, I am searching for something. but
Inside of me, I already possess it.
Comments about Looks Can Be Deceiving by Lydia J. McFarland
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda