O Mother, Who Really - Poem by Ramprasad Sen
O Mother, who really
Knows Your magic?
You're a crazy girl
Driving us all crazy with these tricks.
No one knows anyone else
In a world of Your illusions.
Kali's tricks are so deft,
We act on what we see.
And what suffering --
All because of a crazy girl!
What She truly is?
Ramprasad says: If She decides
To be kind, this misery will pass.
[ Translated by Leonard Nathan and Clinton Seely]
Comments about O Mother, Who Really by Ramprasad Sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl