Old Rugged Cross - Poem by Dwayne Bailey
When you think of the wonderful day,
That Jesus Christ set you free;
Then you think upon the day,
That he died on calvery;
Thats when you know deep in you'r heart,
that his love is true;
And thats exactly the reason,
Christ died on the cross for you!
To give you the opertunity,
to live happy and free;
Instead of being trapped,
in sin and misery.
For the master we serve in Jesus Christ,
Is a true and loveing God;
And he will guide us safely through,
the vallys in life we must trod.
For life is a daily struggle,
this Jesus Christ knows,
For he too walked upon this earth,
was crucified and arose;
And this promise of eternal life,
is what we all may share;
If the old rugged cross,
in life we decide to bare!
Comments about Old Rugged Cross by Dwayne Bailey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl