Dwayne Bailey Poems
- Chains Of Addiction Breaking the chains of addiction, are ...
- Gas Prices Are Killing Me Gas prices are killing me, taking...
- Duck Hunting Pitch black outside, ten below zero, Man I am ...
- 2007-2008 Looking back on 2007, as the final seconds are ...
- As I Step Back As I step back and evaluate my life, i notice ...
- Our Nation Does it really matter what your religion is; Or ...
- Christmas Wish List What do I want for Christmas? I will ...
I am a poet who love to write. My poetry is a collection of poems written through various stages of my life. My poetry is a great realese for me and a way to give a voice to the things I feel inside. Not all my poems apply to where I am today in life; However I keep them together as a record of my journey. Thanks for reading. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Dwayne Bailey
Chains Of Addiction
Breaking the chains of addiction,
are never easy at best;
For these chains are wrapped all around our thinking,
alwys putting us to the test.
We think we can find that one weak link
and live our lives as we choose;
In the end we find it was just a ploy
and our sobriety is what we lose.
The only true way to break these chains
is with the help of our higher power;
Giving us streangth and courage
to live each and every hour.
For with the help of our higher power
us slaves to addiction are free!
And the things we have are the things we need, ...