Chains Of Addiction - Poem by Dwayne Bailey
Breaking the chains of addiction,
are never easy at best;
For these chains are wrapped all around our thinking,
alwys putting us to the test.
We think we can find that one weak link
and live our lives as we choose;
In the end we find it was just a ploy
and our sobriety is what we lose.
The only true way to break these chains
is with the help of our higher power;
Giving us streangth and courage
to live each and every hour.
For with the help of our higher power
us slaves to addiction are free!
And the things we have are the things we need,
Love Peace and Sobriety!
Comments about Chains Of Addiction by Dwayne Bailey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl