One : : : Resolve - Poem by Bianca Fiechter
Of deception it was born.
Bred from the coupling of
Betrayal and blind faith.
Stillborn, wearing the unmistakable
Expression of resigned disappointment.
We strung up this corpse,
Taught it to dance; dangling
From strings of fear, desperation.
Our marriage marionette,
Wearing a ghoulish, broken toothed grin,
Backward in time I trip
Through the landscape of memory;
An impoverish place,
Devoid of beauty.
The skies roil with
Sooty, low hanging clouds.
Nothing can grow here.
What once was, has
Fallen upon itself, unable to
Support it’s own slimy, sodden weight.
Figures of flora and fauna
Are indistinguishable from
Their former selves, so
Polluted are they by
Layers of self serving
Comments about One : : : Resolve by Bianca Fiechter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda