One-Way Love - Poem by Terry Donovan
I never thought that knowing you
And loving you the way I do
Would be enough to satisfy.
But I will love you til I die.
I couldn't see my life unfold
With such an earnest love untold
And unmatched by the love I crave.
But I shall love you from my grave.
Though I could never win your heart,
You'll always be a major part
of every coming breaking dawn.
My heart will fly while others mourn.
And when my body and my soul
Separate to find their goal,
My heart will like an eagle soar
On wings of love for ever more.
Comments about One-Way Love by Terry Donovan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl