Only Once - Poem by maya crisol
the fat sun's slowly setting
yeah and they all talk of merry
was i always like this?
and god...new year eve's coming
the happy replaces the merry
what's next? the hearts...o yes the love
will it ever end? it never does...
it just repeats...it comes and goes...
it amazes me to see how excited they can be
about things that happen yearly
isn't it a drag...
If we celebrate these once only
one christmas in a lifetime
one new year's eve
one valentine's day
don't you think it's more exciting that way?
Comments about Only Once by maya crisol
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl