Painting Feelings (Children) - Poem by C.J. Heck
How do I paint happy?
How do I paint sad?
How do I paint angry,
when someone makes me mad?
How do I paint feelings?
They're not somethin' that you see.
And yet, they're so important
in my pictures about me.
Today I thought about it.
I think what I will do -
is paint what feelings stand for.
It's easy I think, too.
When I'm feelin' happy,
I'll paint the sky bright blue.
If sad is what I'm feeling,
then the tears I'll paint are, too.
If what I feel is angry,
I'll paint my mouth a great big 'O',
'cause Mommy says 'bout angry,
'Get it out, then let it go.'
Comments about Painting Feelings (Children) by C.J. Heck
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda