Perhaps To Love, ...No Reason... - Poem by moon batchelder
perhaps it's just the thought of her,
perhaps a premonition,
recognition of a need.
perhaps my heart has been released
from past incarcerations.
perhaps i'm free to love her
perhaps it was the sight of her
that triggered my response.
perhaps her inner beauty
overwhelmed my non-challance.
perhaps my mind is entertaining
because i'm free to love her
perhaps it was the way she felt
alive in my embrace
that stirred an ancient memory.
the softness of her face,
perhaps my soul partook of hers;
a sweet intoxication,
inviting me to love her
Comments about Perhaps To Love, ...No Reason... by moon batchelder
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl