Pity Is Short Lived. - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Over the death of mother or father,
One would weep that one lost one’s base.
Over the death of son or daughter,
One would weep that one lost one’s tip.
The death of the spouse will evoke in one
Pity and the feeling of losing support.
The pity is that no one would pity
The one that the one lost oneself in death..
Comments about Pity Is Short Lived. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl