Prenayavarnam - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
‘Returns of many days’,
my dear, you averred
on July eighth day
when my Bharany starred.
I am not the first you wished.
You are not the first who wished.
Yet, a lot I’ve been charged with
As it is the first ever
From you to me, dear.
It is the boon awaited,
That you had granted
To meet my expectation.
It is the love you tongued,
Tearing your coyness
Without any compunction.
It is the key that opened
The gerpegreha of the Goddess
In the Mandir to my propitiation.
It sounds like a prenava-mantram,
Resonating a prenaya-varnam
From your prenava-illam.
Comments about Prenayavarnam by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda