Qi Wu! (Rise & Dance In A Happy Mood) - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
Sha sha...sha sha
Ya ya...ya zha
chuan liu bu xi
RISE AND DANCE IN A HAPPY MOOD!
sound of bird song
sound of wings
little bird...little bird
open one’s heart
rise and dance
in a happy mood!
The stream flows without stopping
Ok...ok...so it's my second Chinese poem and I said I'd stop after the first one! Bear with as I learn! This for my friend LiLi and attempts to capture her lovely spirit in mere words...an imposible task even in English! She whose heart always rises up and dances in a happy mood! The first thing I ever learned in Chinese was 'I LIKE LILI! '
Comments about Qi Wu! (Rise & Dance In A Happy Mood) by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda