Regulating The Beat - Poem by Ray Mather
No more love, no more hate,
Let me set the record straight,
I don’t want the aggravation
Of being slave to an emotion.
No more joy, no more pain,
Gone the sunshine and the rain.
Live a life that’s bland but free,
With no more bonds to bind me.
No more highs, no more lows,
Gone the sweet talk and the rows.
No longer pulled in each direction,
Without the conquest or rejection.
© Ray Mather 1986
Comments about Regulating The Beat by Ray Mather
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda