Kiss the sky ...
River Phoenix 1970-1993 - Poem by Kiss the sky ...
In the Viper room, where the music's loud
young Hollywood stars stand so proud
amongst them is RIVER, aged twenty three
who at 2am, would no longer be
It's Saturday, October 30th 1993
there's about to be a terrible tragedy
River shoots a speedball into his vein
maybe to take away some hidden pain
He's fighting for his life, before they realise
but manages to get to the pavement, before he dies
as sadness fills the Hollywood sky
friends gather, and watch the Phoenix fly
This acclaimed actor will be sadly missed
and no doubt his good name badly rubbished
he shortened his life, with that one final fix
goodbye to a real star, RIVER PHOENIX.
Comments about River Phoenix 1970-1993 by Kiss the sky ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl