Romance Is Short Lived - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Romance is a chase. Both will stop doing
Once the pursued one is in the pocket.
Man skips romance soon after marriage.
Wife minds it not, getting proprietorial role.
Romance is the cotyledons of the seed.
Once germination is set they will die as food.
Seeds must die for the shoots to develop.
Romance should wane for the love to stabilize.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Romance Is Short Lived by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda