Room Trapped In Memories - Poem by Aiden Florence
When I open the door, I see a painting on the wall.
As I walk toward it, I notice moonlight shining in from the window spotlighting a stem of rose on the table.
And the curtains and the sofa, they’re all the same.
This room is just like the way it was 5 years ago.
It’s been 5 years and this room hasn’t changed a single bit.
Inside the vase, there’s still plenty of water, and the rose is still alive.
Not a single dropp of dust is discernable anywhere in the room.
Everything in this room is refusing to change,
Because I’m still here, unable to move on.
Even decades later…
If I keep coming back to this room…
If I can’t move beyond those memories,
This room will remain the same forever.
Comments about Room Trapped In Memories by Aiden Florence
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl