Edward Kofi Louis
Sabac El Cher - Poem by Edward Kofi Louis
In 1843, you were taken out of Africa at the age of seven,
And you were donated to a Prince in Germany as a gift;
Because, the Egyptian King offered you as a gift,
But your traces dated back to 'Nebien';
With references to 'Habesch', Kordofau' and 'Darfur'! !
Sabac El Cher,
A Blackman from the North of Africa;
But, you were given out as a gift to a Prince in Europe,
And, Prince Albrecht of Germany received you as a gift from an Egyptian King!
However, the roots of your generations are still obvious in germany today.
Comments about Sabac El Cher by Edward Kofi Louis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda