Second Hand Love - Poem by Nan Sikora
This sad kind of feeling washes over me...
subdued in hues of blues and grays.
When the struggle is over
when at last i am free...
perhaps better moments
can make me feel new
make me feel loved
make me feel.....
When love comes my way
the next time around,
I won't feel like I'm last,
won't feel second hand.
Not to be used and abused
I need to feel I am the one.
One who can love and be loved,
from beginning to end.
Comments about Second Hand Love by Nan Sikora
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda