Secret Vows - Poem by Gerry Legister
Vows, much like a wishing well
Run deep with promises
stars veil up what looks like hell
unending devotion of desire continues.
From heaven an angel sends
future dream of two becoming one always
destiny finding safe harbour like friends
gazing at the approval sky's.
faint glimpses of time with innocent eyes,
time tells of proof through wisdom of surprise,
love driven in chains never dies
look into gripping eyes under disguise.
Vows of our deepest secret desire
recognise the inextinguishable fire.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Secret Vows by Gerry Legister
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl