Secrets! - Poem by MaddiiAnne O'Leary
You know that I keep secrets from you.
But do you ever think that I keep them from you to keep you safe?
Do you ever think that I want you to live past when I die?
You are the reason that I keep them off my back.
Who are 'them' you may ask, that you will never find out.
I only keep secrets for a good reason;
Never doubt that reason.
It doesn't matter that I don't tell you those secrets;
I keep you from the living hell because I love you.
They are my secrets, yet they be other peoples' secrets as well;
They are never for another person's mind but my own.
Comments about Secrets! by MaddiiAnne O'Leary
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl