She Makes Me Smile - Poem by Candy Kelly
One of the most beautiful things in my life
Goes by the human name of Sugar Pearl.
She walks on four silent paws
And struts in an iridescent tri-bald coat.
Her laughter is hidden inside of a purr
And I wonder why:
I feel the luckiest person when she honors my flesh with a phantom flick of her tongue
And why, when she graces my lap, the stinky end of her
Always seems to be directed towards my face
And that puckered, pink button moves like
The shutter of a camera.
Which when pointed out to my husband he teases,
“Smile, she’s taking your picture.”
Comments about She Makes Me Smile by Candy Kelly
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl