Julie A Smith
Shy Girl 2 - Poem by Julie A Smith
The shy girl ponders
dating, love, and romance.
Guys like modern girls who are forward,
and seldom give old-fashioned girls a chance.
The shy girl tries to be modest in her attire.
She also strongly desires guys who initiate,
but guys don't initiate or only initiate with other girls,
crushing her hopes of finding true love and a great guy to date.
The shy girl has reached out her heart
only to be misunderstood.
Her heart is tired of aching.
She is tired of hearing only silence; tis a sign not good.
The shy girl wonders about online dating.
It has worked well for many amazing women she knows
and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.
Is it better than being lovelorn and hurting from rejections blows?
Comments about Shy Girl 2 by Julie A Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl