Six Silent Tears - Poem by Lisa Matthews
Last night before I went to bed,
thoughts of you filled my head.
Though I have not cried like this in many years,
onto my pillow fell six silent tears.
The first was for your smile that I miss,
and the taste of your tender lips that I long to kiss.
The second was for your angel face,
and thoughts of your warm, loving embrace.
The third came as no surprise,
as I thought of your beautiful, bright, loving eyes.
After this, the fourth came rolling,
Instead of my pillow, it is you I should be holding.
The fifth came for one reason alaone,
I felt my love for you was not fully shown.
I really miss you, my love, my dear....
there just fell my sixth tear.
Comments about Six Silent Tears by Lisa Matthews
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl