U Win Kyi
So Embarrassed (6) (X'Mas Tree) - Poem by U Win Kyi
It happened last X'mas,
making us very embarrassed.
I invited my friends
to my home for dinner.
A X'mas tree was decorated beautiful
with blinking light bulbs...red, yellow, green and blue.
The guests gathered around the tree
singing songs, playing guitar..very happy.
Then the kids came out from my bedroom,
in their hands carrying big and long balloons,
made from condoms,
asking their dads and mums,
to hang on the tree,
so that all the guests could see.
Christmas this year,
invitation to dinner
would be absolute ' never'.
Comments about So Embarrassed (6) (X'Mas Tree) by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl