Song Within A Song - Poem by Dejan Stojanovic
We traveled long and forgot
Why poetry was invented.
It is a prayer,
It is a sacrifice,
It is purification.
It was invented to attract rain
Or the manifestation of God,
Or to steal advice
In the unpromising gloomy morning.
It is a miracle,
It is a cure,
And a balm.
Comments about Song Within A Song by Dejan Stojanovic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl