Dejan Stojanovic Poems
- A New Friend Tell me something less significant, Something ...
- Dancing Of Sounds There is a moonlight note In the Moonlight...
- A Star Deep In The Mind I see a new star on the horizon; ...
- Being Late From where do simplicity and ease In the ...
- Don Quixote We dream and fight With demons real and ...
- Big Miniature To transform a grimace into a sound Sounds ...
- A Woman In The Garden Of Light To find the hidden ...
Dejan Stojanovic was born in Pec, Kosovo (the former Yugoslavia) , in 1959. Although a lawyer by education, he has never practiced law and instead became a journalist. He is a poet, essayist, philosopher, and businessman and published six critically acclaimed books of poetry in Serbia:
'The Sun Watches Itself, '
'The Sign and Its Children, '
'The Shape, '
'The Creator, '
'Dance of Time.'
In 1986, as a young writer, he was recognized among 200 writers at the Bor (former Yugoslavia) Literary Festival. He also received the prestigious 'Rastko Petrovic' Award ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The deeper thought is, the taller it becomes.''Dejan Stojanovic
''My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.''Dejan Stojanovic
''The most complicated skill is to be simple.''Dejan Stojanovic
''To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity.''Dejan Stojanovic
''It is beautiful to express love and even more beautiful to feel it.''Dejan Stojanovic
A New Friend
Tell me something less significant,
Something about our biology, for instance,
About what you hear while sitting under the tree,
About lonely lions in the prairies;
Forget decorated generals;
Tell me about Private Ryan's,
Tell me something only you know
And make a new friend.