Dejan Stojanovic Poems
- Big Miniature To transform a grimace into a sound Sounds ...
- A New Friend Tell me something less significant, Something ...
- Dancing Of Sounds There is a moonlight note In the Moonlight...
- A Star Deep In The Mind I see a new star on the horizon; ...
- Being Late From where do simplicity and ease In the ...
- Don Quixote We dream and fight With demons real and ...
- A Woman In The Garden Of Light To find the hidden ...
Dejan Stojanovic was born in Pec, Kosovo (the former Yugoslavia) , in 1959. Although a lawyer by education, he has never practiced law and instead became a journalist. He is a poet, essayist, philosopher, and businessman and published six critically acclaimed books of poetry in Serbia:
'The Sun Watches Itself, '
'The Sign and Its Children, '
'The Shape, '
'The Creator, '
'Dance of Time.'
In 1986, as a young writer, he was recognized among 200 writers at the Bor (former Yugoslavia) Literary Festival. He also received the prestigious 'Rastko Petrovic' Award ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The deeper thought is, the taller it becomes.''Dejan Stojanovic
''My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.''Dejan Stojanovic
''The most complicated skill is to be simple.''Dejan Stojanovic
''To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity.''Dejan Stojanovic
''It is beautiful to express love and even more beautiful to feel it.''Dejan Stojanovic
To transform a grimace into a sound
Sounds impossible, yet it is possible
To transform a vision into music,
To go outside an enslaved personality,
To become impersonal by transforming
Into sand, into water, into light,
To feel the air and breathe the air
By becoming the air, become
A bird, the first cell, the first man,
Become a wandering comet,
A dying star, a newborn cluster of stars
And hear the melody of galaxies,
Love making of black stars,
Sense the hellish or heavenly nature of quasars,
Be in everything and come back
To a miniscule ...