Sonnet 1 - Poem by Pavel Zernov
* * *
Please stop, don't run: I guess it is enough
To hound the time, that will be never tired.
Forgive me, Lord. Excuse my crazy laugh,
My life is gone, all over, I'm expired.
To be or not - it's truly nevermind,
Resign yourself on cold, forget the summer.
Don't be afraid: Grim Reaper isn't blind,
But all the harvest 's frozen, what a stunner!
Give me your hand. I feel: it's warm and soft,
And I'm so calm, inspite of hell arisen,
Regardless of my soul is teared off,
I am not scared, I just have a reason,
Because I know: while I hold your hand,
This queer world will never meet the end.
Comments about Sonnet 1 by Pavel Zernov
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Pavel Zernov's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl