Speed - Poem by Kevin East
When the heart gets taken away
Won and lost in a day
Never would concede
But I knew I'd bleed
A prince without his steed
For one brief hour was freed
Yet mugged and robbed at lightning speed.
The ink still wet
On the page where we met.
Before sunset -
My heart broken like your promise of love
When I was woken by the storm from above
All that I'd ever need
A hungry heart your lips could feed
But time is a thief with its greed
Rose of love was only a weed
Your scent ascends on the wind as I plead
At frightening speed.
Comments about Speed by Kevin East
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl