Speeding Down The Highway... - Poem by Melissa Coventry
Pushing down on the accelerator,
Pumping at the clutch, change gear,
She is getting out of here.
Speeding down the street,
No slowing down as she turns,
Sharp swerve to miss another,
She heads on down,
Without a care.
She now in third and she gives it gas,
No stopping the white car now,
As it flashes past.
Turned up the radio,
Rolled down the window,
She puts down her foot now,
Without a look in front... or behind,
And runs a dangerous red light dash.
She is speeding down the highway,
Revving the car like mad,
In her mind that is…
As she sits in her parents back seat sedan…
Comments about Speeding Down The Highway... by Melissa Coventry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl